So, I’m incredibly attractive after I work out:
As I was working out today, I was bored. My workout playlist has been the same for a long time, and I really needed some new music. I need extremely upbeat music when I’m working out (pop/r&b/dance) or I definitely don’t work out as hard.
When I got home, I looked through a few running blogs, and finally came up with a playlist:
Yes, I’m a teeny bopper at heart when I’m working out. The first three songs I picked are usually ones that pump me up, the middle few are the ones I work out the hardest to, and the last three are ones that I cool down too. (side note – I have never seen Glee, I only have that song on my playlist because my friend played it in her car [Victoria Lynne!] and I loved it… but I could not tell you one thing about the show except that its about a glee club? ha ha)
However, I’m sure that my workout playlist is not what drew you into this post. Its about the fantastical cupcakes I have claimed to have baked.
For awhile, I’ve been playing around with the idea of spicy chocolate. Mexican Hot Chocolate fascinates me. Ever since I saw the movie Chocolat, I’ve been so curious about spicy and chocolate. I though cinnamon cake would be an amazing combination with spicy chocolate so I googled “vanilla cinnamon cake with mexican hot chocolate frosting” to find a recipe. (Longest google ever?)
However, I was pleasantly surprised that a recipe came up and it certainly did not disappoint:
There are no words to explain these cupcakes. They are simply AMAZING! The spicy chocolate frosting is unlike anything I’ve ever had… so sweet yet there is a wonderful kick after you eat it. Combined with the warm cinnamon cake, its just so good. This is definitely a keeper recipe.
Cinnamon Vanilla Cupcakes with Mexican Hot Chocolate Frosting
from Cupcake Rehab
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups sifted all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of whole milk
- ¾ teaspoon of vanilla
- Cream the butter in a stand mixer until smooth and light. Add sugar and continue to mix until fully incorporated and fluffy.
- Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F.
- Combine milk and vanilla. Add portions of the flour mixture and milk mixture to the electric mixer, alternating, starting and ending with flour. Pour evenly into cupcake pans lined with paper liners, about ½ – ¾ full.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cupcakes spring back to the touch.
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 2 – 4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- ⅛ cup milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of made coffee
- Cream butter in the bowl of an stand mixer.
- Add 1 cup sugar, cocoa powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper, coffee and milk. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add 2 cups sugar and vanilla. Mix. Add more sugar if needed, and mix. If needed, add ¼ cup more milk. Continue until consistency is satisfactory.*
- Frost completely cooled cupcakes. Enjoy!!!
What do you think of spicy and sweet together? Do you have a favorite combination? Have you ever had Mexican Hot Chocolate?