1. This is the third batch of cupcakes I’ve baked in three days. I have gone through three boxes of butter and two bags of powdered sugar. Today I tried a different homemade funfetti recipe from How Sweet It Is, and I must say, they were so much better… so buttery and delicious, completely worth every single calorie.
2. I have only allowed myself to eat a half of a cupcake for each batch I have made, and oddly enough, I felt completely satisfied. It is a weird feeling, but I think I like it.
3. This outfit made me feel fierce today. That black dress is new (9.95 from H&M!) and I actually had to buy a medium because the large was too big! I couldn’t believe it and I still sort of don’t. That belt had been sitting in my closet for almost two years because I used to not be able to comfortably wear it on the last notch. I can now wear it all the way on the first one and still be comfortable. [Outfit: Caridgan – JCrew; Belt & Necklace – Banana Republic; Dress – H&M; Shoes – Marc Fisher bought at Macy’s]
4. Sometimes I don’t believe that certain clothes I own are too big on me now or that I actually fit into the sizes I do in stores. I’m trying to perceive myself in a positive light, but in general, I still see a girl who is 25 pounds heavier in the mirror.
5. I truly believe the reason I’m succeeding is because I am not denying myself anything. I have honestly not felt deprived in the past 6 months and if I have a craving, I will give in to it but just control my portions (for the most part, there are always going to be exceptions).
7. I am always going to pick this cupcake over bunch of spinach… just saying🙂
Do you have any confessions today?